Standard 5 Year Warranty
Whitecroft Lighting (the Company) products are supplied with a 5-year warranty for any manufacturing defect that may occur with the products during this time. This 5-year warranty starts from the date of invoice and applies to Whitecroft branded products. (Product)
Defect occurs in the first 12 months
The Company may repair the product on site free of charge, repair or deliver replacement product free of charge or issue a credit note for the net invoice value of the product with defects that can be verifiably shown to be due to a manufacturer fault. The course of action taken will be at the Company’s sole discretion.
Defect occurs in years 2 to 5
The Company will repair a returned Product or deliver a replacement Product or component of the Product, free of charge, or issue a credit note for the original value of the defective Product that can be verifiably shown to be due to a manufacturer fault. The course of action taken will be at the Company’s sole discretion.
The warranty only applies to products used within the allowed specifications and only if the products have been installed and operated in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions that are supplied with the product, or available on request -
The warranty is subject to the following provisions:
- Warranty only applies to the Company’s branded product and specifically excludes any traded products that the Company has purchased to support a purchaser’s project solution.
- Warranty only applies to products exceeding the standard failure rate of 0.2% per 1,000 operating hours.
- Products have not exceeded a maximum of 5000 hours usage per year and limits of temperature and voltage values as described in the installation instructions supplied with the product should not be exceeded.
- Any claim must be notified to the Company in writing within seven working days from discovery of a defect and the purchaser makes no further use of the goods.
- Consumable items such as lamps, starters and batteries are excluded from these warranty terms.
- The Company reserves the right to decide upon the eligibility of a warranty claim and this may require the products to be returned to the Company for analysis (with a copy of the original invoice enclosed).
- In the event that no defect is found with the product the Company may choose to charge the purchaser for any costs associated with investigating the claim.
- It is the responsibility of the purchaser to supply the part number of the product, its location and failure mode.
- Where products are mounted at heights of more than 4 metres or where specialised access equipment is required it shall be the responsibility of the purchaser to supply or pay for such access equipment.
- In the event of replacement Product being supplied, such replacement Product will be warranted for the unexpired portion of the original five year warranty
Consequential losses incurred resulting from any defect with the Product including but limited to delivery costs, assembly costs, on-site installation costs, loss of profit, loss of business, damages, will not form part of the agreed claim
Statutory rights and claims shall not be affected by this warranty.
If you require any assistance with regards to our products please do not hesitate to contact our Customer services team on +44 (0)8705 087 087.
Effective from 25/07/2015
is from AquAid