We are looking for our next Category Manager responsible for controls & EM. If you have the capability and experience to drive the profitable growth of our business through the Smart Controls and Emergency Categories then take a look at the specification.
About the Role
The role will take ownership of the delivery of our category roadmap, creating value propositions and leading product/solution portfolio management to continue the growth of our business through the use of smart controls and emergency systems.
•Own and deliver the 2-5 years category strategy, aligning to the strategic plan for the business/group, to drive revenue and profit growth. Managing the portfolio of products/solutions and making recommendations for the delivery of new, amended, and withdrawn products/solutions.
•Know the market (size/potential), the competition, and the customer. Gather insight and knowledge to create compelling value propositions and associated commercial proposals.
•Engage, manage, and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to gain consensus and deliver on objectives.
•Be responsible for all assets and tools associated with the marketing, development, and training needs of the category.
•Setting, tracking, and reacting to category KPI’s through the effective analysis of market and business data sets.
•Build effective value-added partnerships with new and existing suppliers as necessary.
•Support the salesforce and wider business on major projects and business development through the delivery of thought leadership and CPD training.
•Responsible for your continuous personal and professional development enabling effective delivery within your role and career.
Qualifications / Capabilities
• Product Management experience (ideally in controls, systems integration, building management systems or electronics manufacturing)
• Ability to generate customer market insight and understanding, analysis of complex data from multiple sources and market trends.
• Ability to identify and deliver value propositions that align to customer/market need and opportunity.
• Experience of managing and delivering effective projects on time and on budget
• Ability to manage product/sector product portfolio and drive profitable growth.