Health Safety / Sustainability Officer
- Location: Ashton-under-Lyne
- Posted: 02 Jul 2021
- Closes: 01 Oct 2021
About the role
To ensure safe and effective control of all activities across the site so as to meet and exceed Health, Safety, Sustainability and environmental expectations and legal requirements.
Qualifications and Capabilities
- Ensuring, Health, Safety, Environmental legal compliance on all processes, advising upon best practice and effective implementation methods to meet new requirements.
- Achieve and maintain ISO 45001 approval and management system, ensuring its continued integration with our Quality and HSE processes.
- Monitoring and auditing processes against HSE requirements, reporting on variances and working with the site team to ensure effective solutions are acted open.
- Leading by example, driving a culture of best practice and personal ownership towards Health and safety.
- Communicating with and demonstrating effective HSE controls to customers and regulatory visitors or assessors.
- Working effectively with all our staff to improve HSE practices, coordinating and participating in effective risk assessments.
- Auditing all processes and activities to ensure they have suitable and sufficient risk assessments for HSE aspects and ensuring effective communication and control systems are in place to address the highlighted risks.
- Ensuring effective control & records of packaging waste are maintained by site staff, enabling accurate annual validation of volumes of waste. Collation of the results and declaration to VALPAK in order to comply with the requirements of the packaging waste regulations.
- Ensuring effective implementation of controls to meet requirements of the waste electrical equipment legislation.
- Ensuring effective customer communication over environmental issues (such as ROSHH, WEEE, REACH).
- Support for and involvement in the development of all management and staff with regard to improving all aspects of HSE related activities.
- Delivering the effective transition and cultural step change to attaining a business Health and safety compliance and accreditation of ISO 18001
- Driving a sustainability culture and business wide sustainability plan.
Submit your CV
Return to all vacancies