- Location: Ashton-under-Lyne
- Posted: 16 Nov 2021
- Closes: 01 Feb 2022
About the role
To ensure the manufacturing facility enables the business to achieve growth by becoming the industry’s quality supplier of choice with a cost-effective range of product designed and built to the highest standard at the lowest possible cost in the shortest lead-time.
To build on the company’s strategy for improved quality, product cost, productivity and flexibility by managing and improving the production manufacturing processes and production team.
Qualifications and Capabilities
- Full ownership of the production manufacturing capacity and production work centres and execution of the Manufacturing production plan.
- Ensure planning parameters, work centre capacities are reviewed to ensure bottlenecks in capacity are identified and eliminated.
- To lead and drive the introduction of continuous improvement projects which will improve quality, health and safety, reduce production lead times, enhance manufacturing flexibility and reduce costs.
- Actively manage labour costs, material scrap, expendables to maximise gross manufacturing efficiency and operational performance
- Act with passion as the champion of change to deliver industry best manufacturing lead times and on time in full deliveries.
- Develop and drive a continuous improvement culture in the manufacturing team.
- Develop and drive behavioural change towards Health and Safety and quality assurance.
- Engage directly with other functional areas such as commercial, technical, quality, production engineering to develop cross-functional relationships and improved communication.
- Develop and own appropriate departmental KPIs to ensure performance and improvement is measured and acted upon.
- Manage and develop through training, mentoring and skills management the manufacturing Supervisors and cell leaders to ensure effective performance.
Submit your CV
Return to all vacancies