- Location: Ashton-under-Lyne
- Posted: 02 Jul 2021
- Closes: 01 Oct 2021
About the role
To build on the company’s strategy to deliver industry best lead times and on time delivery in full. Whilst managing inventory levels and factory efficiency for the business, assisting in the continued drive for growth by becoming the industry’s supplier of choice.
Qualifications and Capabilities
- Act with passion as the champion of change to deliver industry best manufacturing lead times and on time in full deliveries.
- To introduce and lead a formal Sales and Operations planning process. Identifying a supply and demand plan.
- To lead the necessary changes to factory planning and materials planning processes and methods.
- To lead the simplification project to transfer the current ERP planning system from MATP /CTP to ATP – Lead time Scheduling, and other major project level changes to the company’s existing ERP system.
- To actively manage inventory levels to maximise customer service whilst also paying due regard to obsolescence and cash management.
- Analysis the performance of the Manufacturing and supplier performance to drive continuous improvement.
- Develop a continuous improvement culture in the Planning and Manufacturing team.
- Engage directly with other functional areas such as commercial, technical and production.
- Ensure that ERP materials parameters including, Min, Max, Mults, MOQ, stocking and policy settings etc are maintained and set to appropriate levels.
- Ensure that planning parameters including workcentre capacities, move and queue, batch size and workcentre groupings are reviewed and amended as appropriate.
- Develop and own appropriate departmental KPIs to ensure performance and improvement is measured and acted upon.
- To manage and develop through training, mentoring and skills management the planning and materials control teams to ensure effective performance.
- Drive a culture within the planning team to own the production plan.
Submit your CV
Return to all vacancies