Senior Production Engineer
- Location: Ashton-under-Lyne
- Posted: 15 Dec 2021
- Closes: 31 Jan 2022
About the role
Lead a production engineering team to support NPI projects and own the DFM process from design concept to product launch. Manage individual NPI projects to support delivery to market, by ensuring successful launch into the factory. Ensure all necessary equipment, documentation and training is provided prior to product launch for all NPI projects and specials.
Qualifications and Capabilities
- Lead the production engineering NPI projects team and ensure production engineering aspects of all NPI projects are completed for a successful manufacturing product launch.
- Maintain regular communication and conduct scheduled performance reviews within the NPI projects team. Arrange for training and development to prevent skills/ knowledge gaps from forming. Consistently promote high standards through personal example and roll out through the team so that each member of the team understands the standards and behaviours expected of them.
- Complete production engineering activities relating to NPI projects following the DFM process.
- Analyse process and product improvements; feeding back your proposals to the Design, Operations and production engineering teams with a focus on DFA and DFM
- Design, trial, manufacture and commission necessary tooling, jigs and fixtures whilst prioritising safety and product quality.
- Preform time studies to BS3138: 22806 and create production flow sheets to balance work content and achieve effective flow.
- Create and maintain written and video SOPs as part of the DFM process to aide communication of assembly method to operators.
- Identify business improvement opportunities within the organisation and use appropriate LEAN tools where applicable, including root cause analysis. Promote best practice and support the development of a LEAN culture within the business.
- Create and maintain required controlled processes documentation and business systems, focused on improvement of documentation and systems at all times identifying opportunities for digitalisation.
- Own the PFMEA process to ensure new products are assessed for quality risk level and ensure suitable control systems are in place for launch.
- Conduct manufacturing safety risk assessments for any new equipment, assembly aides or processes introduced as part of the NPI projects ensuring any identified risks are appropriately designed out or addressed by documented safe system of work SSoW.
- Support operations with solving problems that affect production to minimise delays and help ensure delivery on time to the customer.
- Create links to production part numbers for equipment and assembly documentation on SAP.
- Develop, implement and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for each area of responsibility and ensure KPIs are met
- Report and escalate any concerns / project bottlenecks etc. to senior management when needed. Communicate frequent top level status of projects to senior management.
Submit your CV
Return to all vacancies