- Location: Ashton-under-Lyne
- Posted: 02 Jul 2021
- Closes: 01 Oct 2021
About the role
Provide production support through the application of engineering skills, including process design, setup and verification.
Capability assessments, problems solving and identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and undertaking projects activities with safety and quality as prime focus, but also delivering optimized processes and cost reduction.
Identify and remove waste/non value activities from processes and products through team oriented process mapping and continuous improvement exercises.
Qualifications and Capabilities
- Develop project scopes and objectives, effectively communicate project plans with all relevant stakeholders and ensure customers are placed at the forefront of project solutions and decisions.
- Manage new and special product developments that are introduced into operations by owning the design for manufacture process.
- Support operations with solving problems that affect production delays to help ensure delivery on time to the customer.
- Develop new processes for improving operations based activities and improve on current processes.
- Audit processes within the business to maintain equipment and tools to a high standard.
- Design and create tools, jigs, fixtures and gauges to aid production in manufacturing products.
- Maintain and create new Bill of Materials and routes for products to ensure lead times and costs are kept to a minimal.
- Design and commission systems within operations with a real focus on Digitalisation.
- Create and maintain SOPS for new products and new production processes.
- Promote lean tools, best practice and structured problem solving.
- Ensure that all processes are covered by an up-to-date risk assessment RA with a clearly documented safe system of work SSoW, such as standard operating procedure SoP and associated user training.
- Ensure all controlled documents are stored in BMS and revision controlled.
- Report and escalate any concerns / project bottlenecks etc to senior management when needed.
- Communicate frequent top level status of projects to senior management, identifying bottlenecks, project drift, and financial status. Defining business solutions or options for discussion.
Submit your CV
Return to all vacancies